VACANCY: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The LCA invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant reporting to the Chief Regulatory Officer (CRO).
The incumbent is responsible for performing administrative and other supportive duties to ensure smooth running of the division on a daily basis and creates a welcoming atmosphere to visitors and callers.
Roles and responsibilities
- Prepares memos, letters, presentations and other documents within the division
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to LCA and customers’ information
- Maintains the Chief Regulatory Officer’s diary and prepares documentation and refreshments required for meetings and other events of the division.
- Arranges a systematic and accessible filing of all office documents of the division
- Schedules appointments and meetings for the division
- Manage internal and external correspondence for the Chief Regulatory Officer and the division
- Provides operator service to the Authority’s complains line.
- Initiate procurement process for regulatory division
- Receives and welcomes visitors for the office of the Chief Regulatory Officer.
- Updating and delivering records and applications to their destinations and filing them.
- Periodically mans the reception and the Chief Executive Officer’s office as and when required to do so by the supervisor.
- Performs administrative duties such as front office management, ensuring tidy office environment.
- Ordering office supplies for the division and refreshments of the Chief Regulatory Officer’s office
- Performs any other relevant duties that may be assigned from time to time
Advisory and Support Role
The incumbent shall contribute and provide input in the development, institutionalization of policies, procedures and processes for the Authority with a view to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and improvement of general operations and service delivery.
Diploma in Office Administration and Management
The incumbent must have a minimum of 3 years working experience with basic knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures, computers and relevant software applications, and customer service principles and practices.
Desired skills and competencies include:
- Knowledge of MS Office tools.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily activities.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in written & spoken English and Sesotho;
- Highly disciplined;
- Good self-drive in taking initiatives;
- Analytical and methodical;
- Ability to meet stringent targets/deadlines;
- Resilience and ability to work long hours;
- Problem solving skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Discretion and respect for confidential information
The position is permanent and pensionable
The LCA offers an attractive and competitive package for the position
How to Apply
Application letters accompanied by certified copies of relevant certificates, Curriculum Vitae and names and addresses of three referees should be hand delivered to:
The Human Resource Manager
Lesotho Communications Authority
30 Princess Margaret Road
Old Europa, Maseru
Or email documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 16th June, 2023. At 12 noon.