REQUEST FOR BIDS – DESIGN, SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF BTS’s
Employer: Ministry of Communications Science & Technology
Project: Lesotho e-Government Infrastructure phase II project
Contract title: Construction, installations & commissioning of twenty-one (21) Base Transceiver Stations (BTSs)
Loan No. /Credit No. / Grant No: 2100150042148
RFB No: ADF/e-GOV/G/003
Issued on: 28nd August 2023
- The Government of Lesotho has received financing from the African Development Fund towards the cost of the e-Government Infrastructure phase II project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the Contract. The objective of the project is to support the construction, installations and commissioning of twenty-one (21) Base Transceiver Stations with the financial support of Universal Service Fund (USF) (25%) and African Development Fund (ADF) (75%) to achieve 99.6% of voice & broadband population coverage in the underserved & unserved areas of Lesotho. For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines and procedures for Investment Project Financing.
- The Universal Service Fund (USF), the implementing Agency now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the construction, installations and commissioning of twenty-one (21) Base Transceivers Stations (BTSs) to provide voice and broadband connectivity to the rural (unserved/underserved) areas of Lesotho. The project scope, specifications and locations are listed in Part 2 – “Employers requirements” of this document.
- Bidding will be conducted through Limited Competitive Bidding procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for Bank Funded Operation, dated October 2015 and is open to mobile network operators, who contribute to the Universal Service Fund.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from [email protected] and Executive-Secretary – Universal Service Fund, at [email protected] and inspect the bidding document during office hours, from 8am to 5pm at the address given under 9.
- The bidding document in English, may be obtained by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address mentioned under 9. The document will be sent by an email.
- Bids must be delivered to the address under 9 on or before 22 November 2023. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address under 9.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid-Securing Declaration.
- Attention is drawn to Bank’s Procurement Policy for Bank Funded Operation requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
- The address referred to above is (are):
Lesotho Communications Authority
P.O Box 15896
30 Princess Margret road
Old Europa, Maseru 0100
Tel: +266 22224300
Email [email protected]
 Substitute “contracts” where Bids are called concurrently for multiple contracts. Add a new para. 3 and renumber paras 3 – 8 as follows: “Bidders may Bid for one or several contracts, as further defined in the bidding document. Bidders wishing to offer discounts in case they are awarded more than one contract will be allowed to do so provided those discounts are included in the Letter of Bid.”REQ
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com