ADVERT FOR FIELD ENUMERATORS (DATA COLLECTORS)
The Lesotho Communications Authority (LCA) is planning to conduct a countrywide survey on Access and Usage of ICTs by Households and Individuals in January 2023. LCA seeks to engage a total of 16 Enumerators for data collection on a part-time basis for a period of three months, and therefore invites interested candidates to submit their applications in this regard. The field enumerators are primarily responsible for collecting field data. They have direct contact with respondents and have a great bearing on the quality of data collected and ultimately on the quality of data output.
- Liaise with traditional leaders (Village Chiefs) and explain the objectives of the survey and their procedures for permission to work in their areas;
- Locate all the selected Enumeration Areas (EAs) and identifying their boundaries using the layout maps;
- Undertake the households listing for each designated EA and participate in households sampling procedures within an EA;
- Employ the simple random number generator application installed on the data collection devices to select the individual to be interviewed from the selected households;
- Interview, capture, edit and save the information collected from all the designated households in a particular EA using a mobile data collection gadget;
- Identify and report any issues that may arise while obtaining valid data to the supervisor;
- Capture the accurate coordinates of the visited households;
- Manage field supplies such as forms, questionnaires, first aid kit, etc;
- Perform return visits to the designated households where necessary,
- Synchronize captured data to LCA supervisors for verification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences and/or Computer Science
- Experience in data collection, administering questionnaires and conducting face-to-face interviews
- Familiarity with the use of an Android tablet
- Experience in data collection in the Communication Sector will be an added advantage
Necessary attributes and behavioural competencies:
- Strong communication skills and confidence to undergo household visits;
- Ability to work independently as well as an effective team player;
- Strict attention to detail;
- Ability to handle pressure and should be patient;
- Ability and willingness to work beyond normal working hours;
- Ability to walk long distances;
- Prepared to share accommodation;
- Prepared to eat what is available during fieldwork.
Submission of applications
Applications (Cover letter, CV with three reference names and certified copies of educational certificate) to
The Human Resources Manager
Lesotho Communications Authority
30 Princess Margaret Road,
The deadline for applications is 2nd December, 2022 at 16H00. If you are not contacted by the 16th December 2022, consider your application unsuccessful.